Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GIFT-GIVING WITH A CAUSE


Marketing Consultant-Mom says:

Gifts are practically part of our everyday life, whether we are giving or receiving.  Since these "objects of joy" seem to be inevitable, why not go for those that make a difference?


Triple the Joy

I was lucky to receive many wonderful gifts, from both friends and relatives.  I particularly love the organic anti-bacterial hand soap from   .  Aside from it being a wonderful product (I just adore the lemongrass scent!), the philosophy of the people behind this product centers on 3 values: Pro-poor, Pro-Philippines, Pro-Environment. That's 3 beneficiaries you support every time you buy their stuff!  Check out their website:  www.humanheartnature.com



Recycled Gifts


No, I don't mean giving away gifts you don't want.  During one of our Greenhills Tiangge expeditions, my  sister and I chanced upon the Tahanang Walang Hagdanan booth.  I found a wonderful product (which we ended up buying to give as gifts) a handcrafted pyramid clock paperweight made of recycled PET containers, foilpacks and newspapers.  (website: www.tahanangwalanghagdanan.org)




Other Stuff worth checking out:

Stepping Stone Foundation - All-Occasion Gift Cards. Illustrations done by children with special needs.  
Contact:  Email dchfi@stepping-stone.org  Tel: 632.896.0269

Kabisig ng Kalahi - Organic & Hand Milled Upland Rice from Kapangan, Benguet. 
Contact: Email iwfs_philbranch@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

My List